SMCI improves the efficiency of primary manufacturing and maintenance processes.
Not only returns will improve, it will also leads to a better work environment for the employees.
Smart improvements, sharing knowledge and motivated employees are our starting points. We do not work with standard solutions. Each company has its own characteristics and its own context, which we take as a starting point for a change process project. The knowledge and experience of employees, present in every organization, we regard as important input.
We do not work for companies, but with companies. We train your employees in order to keep the knowledge available in your company and the implementation runs smoothly.
This is how we organize improvement that sustains.
A four-step change process exists at SMCI :
SMCI would like to meet with the company. What’s going on, what is the company culture and their business characteristics? We like to have a quick look for two to three days on the work floor, have interviews with a number of employees (from operators to management) and collecting and viewing data. This creates a global idea of the company.
At the end of this phase, the client and SMCI determine the issues to be addressed by the change process.
This introduction is free of charge
Depending on the complexity an analysis takes about three to six weeks. The approach of this study is fourfold:
- Analysis of the direct productivity of your employees and/or installations, the effectiveness of the working methods and business processes;
- analysis of the environmental factors, which are characteristic for the company;
- analysis of the cause and the complexity of the existing shortcomings and problems and to quantify the consequences;
- analyse the feasibility of the efficiency improvement .
From the results of these analysis, field observations and interviews with your employees, a practice-oriented implementation plan is set up.
This plan includes:
- detailed actions to be taken to meet quantified improvements;
- related costs to carry out the planned work;
- the time allocation of SMCI for the implementation;
- required capacity of your employees for the project
The implementation of the changes is a joint effort of the employees involved, client and SMCI. Timely involvement of employees is essential for concrete, measurable and sustainable results. In this phase the SMCI-team works full time at your company to the stated goals. Progress is reported monthly to you.
SMCI achieves a successful implementation by:
- creating awareness for the need of change;
- creating a ‘sense of urgency ‘ with all parties;
- to bring out and use the knowledge available to employees
- implement visible and workable improvements;
- to achieve continuity by training employees to take over the work of SMCI.
The results of the change process should be measurable and visible. Only when the project objectives are realized in practice, the SMCI task is completed.
SMCI aims for sustainable improvements. Therefore, six months after the end of the implementation an audit can be carried out. Together with you, we investigate whether the project results are realized sustainable and what factors need additional attention. The audit is concluded with an action plan.
View for a brief summary of the change process at SMCI the’ overview project steps ‘